Ana Rucner is a cello instrumentalist, born in Zagreb, Croatia, into a family of great musical talents. Her parents are both classically trained musicians. Her mother Snježana is a cellist, soloist with the Croatian National Theater, while her father Dragan is a violist, soloist with the Zagreb Philharmonic Orchestra. Her brother Mario is a violist as well. In 1998 Snježana and Dragan Rucner founded the now internationally acclaimed Rucner String Quartet. Ana cites her parents as greatest musical influence throughout education and career.
She is one of the most innovative classical artists to emerge over the past several decades with numerous national and international awards. Rucner is one of Croatia’s most successful performers whose shows are well received all over the world. She toured China, Korea, Japan, India, Russia, Scandinavian countries, Australia, US, Canada, Brazil, Holland, Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Chech Republic, Ukraine, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Slovenia, Serbia, Monte Negro, Macedonia, Greece, Israel, Turkey and the Emirates, spreading the joy of music and the genius of some of the greatest composer of all times in her modern and unique style.
Actually, her unique style is the basis of her international success. Elements of classical, modern and ethno/world music and attractive performance on stage place Ana Rucner in the elite circle of Croatia’s musical performers far outside her native country Croatia. She was the first Croatian musician playing electrical cello what enabled her to attract younger listeners as well. She reached an unparalleled level of popularity in her native country and her solo concerts, as well as performances at various cultural and other public events, always praised by both audiences and critics, extensively covered by local and international media.
Ana had a privilege to play with many famous artists. At her early age as permanent honorary member she played with Slovenian Maribor Philharmonic Orchestra and legendary Lalo Schifrin, the author of the main theme from the movie Mission Impossible. She also cooperated with world famous Jose Carreras, David Müller, member of the famous quartet Il Divo, Peter Soave the World’s most famous bandoneonist & accordian player, Muye Wu, Chinese pianist and many others.
Ana received first education in music at the age of seven, when enrolled to the Elly Bašić Music School and began her studies under Professor Dobrila Berković-Magdalenić. Ten years later Ana was accepted to the Academy of Music of the University of Zagreb, where she studied under professor Željko Švaglić and Professor Krešimir Lazar. She graduated in 2005 Summa cum laude and holds the title of cello professor. Throughout her high education Ana attended educational seminars and worked with some of the most acclaimed musicians of the moment, including Menahem Meir, Gustav Neiva Tavares, Dmitri Miller, David Grigorian, Vladimir Perlin, Silvija Sondeckiene and others. She participated at numerous music competitions (Rudolf Matz, Antonio Janigro etc.) with great success and was awarded in 1999. Diploma di merito award at the International Competition Giovani violoncellisti.
In 2008 Ana received the honorary status of free artist, joining an exclusive club of individuals whose activity influences and shapes development and recognisability of Croatian culture worldwide.
- INTERNATIONAL TOURFILM FESTIVAL- ITF’CRO 2015 – The most prestigious national award Baldo Čupić for the best Croatian National Film
Ode To Joy
- 2012. Vienna – One of the seven World’s nominee for the Best promotional tourist film at the Grand Prix CIFFT (Comité International des Festivals du Film Touristique)
- 2012. Berlin – “Tourism Oscar” –prestigious award of Das GoldeneStadttor at the ITB Tourism Film Festival at ITB Tourism Fair
- 2012, Warsaw, Polland – Best promotional tourist film at the VII. „International Film, Art and Tourism Festival
- 2012, Lecce, Italy – Grand Prix on the Annual 50th International Tourism Film Festival
- 2012, 1st prize ”Best Croatian Tourist Film Under 7 Minutes” category at the first Zagreb TourfilmFestival
- 2012, 1st prize ”Best Promotional Film Under 7 Minutes” category at the first Zagreb TourfilmFestival
- 2012, Best promotional tourist video at 15th International Tourist Film Festival –ITF’CRO 2012. Solin, Croatia
- Czech Republic – 45th International Tourism Film Festival, Karlovy Vary, 2nd prizein the ”Best Film Under 30 Minutes’ category
- Serbia, Silafest 2012, White Locust , award for the best scenario at Ecological Tourist Film Festival
- 2012, Romania, Special Festival Award in category Travels at Art tourism ecological Festival D ocument Art
- 2013, New York , New York Festivals/World’s Best TV & Films 2013 award “BRONZE WORLD MEDAL”
Romance for two
- 2011, The best Croatian Tourist Film – Baldo Čupić award – International Tourist Film Festival ITF’CRO 2011
- 2010, Baldo Ćupić award, for the best tourist film
- 2011, Grand Prix Italia at 47th International Tourist Film festival – Lecce, Italy
- 2011, Brazil, Third award in the category „People, cultures and traditions“ at the Festival TourFilm Brazil
- 2011, Berlin, First award Das Goldene Stadttor in the category music video at theInternational Tourist Film Festival – Fair ITB Berlin
- 2011, Latvia, first award in the category „Commercial Tourism“ at the InternationalTourfilm Festival , Riga
- 2011, Italy, Grand Prix Italia at the 47th International Tourist Film Festival , Lecce
- 2011, Serbia, Third International Festival of Tourist and Ecological Film, SILAFEST
- 2011, Portugal, Second prize in the category People and places at 4th InternationalFestival of Tourist Film – Art&Tur
- 2011, Croatia, Golden Interstas, Best Music Award at 14th International Tourist Film Festival ITF’CRO 2011
- 2011, Croatia- The prestigious international Charter F.E.S.T. Award for exceptional contribution to development of culture in service of tourism – 14th International Festival of Tourist Film – ITF’CRO 2011.
- 2011, China, Global Gala Festival Ana was declared the Tourist Ambassador ofBeijing”
- 2015, Regional Oscar of popularity ,Banja Luka, BIH
- 2015, Special Award Golden Interstas’2015, for contribution to the development of cultural tourism of Croatia.
Album "For Little Angels"
- DKI 2010 – Award for creativity and inovative business and social engagement– The best creative and innovative project or program of creative industry.